BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot log in web browser - BackupPC CentOS 6.2 minimal

2012-02-08 15:55:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot log in web browser - BackupPC CentOS 6.2 minimal
From: Estanislao López Morgan <estanux AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:53:26 -0300
Hi Fellows Backuppers!

Finally, my backuppc in CentOS 6.2 is working! I just want to comment what I did in case someone had, have or will have the same problem.

After installing CentOS minimal 6.2 and disable SeLinux and the IpTables (just in case). So what I did was:

yum -y localinstall perl-File-RsyncP-0.68-6.el6.i686.rpm

yum install perl-Net-FTP-AutoReconnect.noarch

yum install perl-Net-FTP-RetrHandle.noarch

yum -y localinstall BackupPC-3.1.0-13.el6.noarch.rpm

yum install sudo.i686

After that, I follow the indications in CentOS.org about backuppc http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupPC but with the differences that
instead of:
htpasswd -c /var/lib/backuppc/passwd/htpasswd your_user

you have to do :
htpasswd -c /etc/BackupPC/apache.users yourusername

You can find this at /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf

Then just follow what is writen in CentOS How To link.

Thanks for your help boys

Regards

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

>> I have to admit, the first change I make on BackupPC systems is to set
>> SELinux to Permissive.  Too many issues without doing that.
>>
>> It's on my list to overcome that, but not a real high priority, sadly.
>
> I'm not sure what the differences are between Fedora and RHEL as far
> as SELinux, but I know I didn't have to do anything in order to get
> the BackuPC web interface working.
>
> I have apache.users in /etc/BackupPC.

I think it depends on the security context of the process when you
create the apache.users file.  For example, if you run ssh-copy-id
from a pre 6.x system to update your authorized_keys file on a 6.x
system, the file is created with the wrong context and sshd will not
be able to read it.  This may be something similar.