BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot log in web browser - BackupPC CentOS 6.2 minimal

2012-02-07 14:25:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cannot log in web browser - BackupPC CentOS 6.2 minimal
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 13:23:45 -0600
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Estanislao López Morgan
<estanux AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Hello again...
>
> Now with BackupPC in CentOS minimal 6.2 installation (just reinstalled)  I
> cannot log in the web browser of the backuppc. Looks like the user or
> password are not correct. In order to accomplish that I made a htpasswd -cp
> so I am able to read the htpasswd file (not encrypted). I am sure that the
> user and password I use are the correct one. Any clue?

If you have SElinux enabled, it is probably blocking access to your
newly created htpasswd file even though normal permissions would
permit it.  I'm not an expert on SElinux, but 'restorecon -Rv
/etc/BackupPC'  might fix it (assuming an EPEL package, and if you
followed the directions in /etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf the file
would be named apache.users).