BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC on VLAN

2012-01-17 01:12:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC on VLAN
From: Kevin Kimani <kevinkimani AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:11:10 +0300
Hi guys,

I have setup backuppc running on Centos5.7. I have a vlan setup with different subnets. Am trying  to resolve the computer names by name hence using nmblookup. Am only able to resolve the machine on the same subnet as the backup server. I can ping machines on the other subnets but when I try to resolve their names, am unable. Then I decided to add virtual networks to the backup server of the subnets. Upon doing this, was unable to reach the other networks.

Could you help PLEASE.

--
Regards
Kevin