BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 8.030.000, Too much files to backup ?

2011-12-19 13:34:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 8.030.000, Too much files to backup ?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:32:47 -0600
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:04 PM, Jean Spirat <jean.spirat AT squirk DOT org>
wrote:

> I directly mount the nfs share on the backuppc server so no need for
> rsyncd here this is like local backup with the NFS overhead of course.

The whole point of rsync is that it can read the files locally with
block checksums to decide what it really has to copy over the network.
 Doing it over NFS, you've already had to copy if over the network so
rsync at the wrong end can read it (and decide that it didn't have
to...).

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011