BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 8.030.000, Too much files to backup ?

2011-12-18 14:46:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 8.030.000, Too much files to backup ?
From: "Pedro M. S. Oliveira" <pmsoliveira AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:44:38 +0000

you may try to use a rsyncd directly on the server. This may speed up things.
another thing is to split the large backup into several smaller ones.  I've an email cluster with 8TB and millions of small files (I'm using dovecot),  theres also a san involved. in order to use all the bandwidth available I configured backup to run from username starting in a to e,  f to j and so on,  then they all run at the same time. incremental take about 1 hour and full about 5.
cheers
pedro

Sent from my galaxy nexus.
www.linux-geex. com