BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Scary problem with USB3...

2011-12-15 16:41:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Scary problem with USB3...
From: Zach La Celle <lacelle AT roboticresearch DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 16:38:58 -0500
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to insinuate anything negative about BackupPC.
 I've never seen this problem before, and it was during a time period
when I was writing a ton of data to the drive through backuppc, so I was
merely checking to see if people had seen this before.  I do not even
remotely understand everything that BackupPC does.

Regarding some other responses, I'll be sure to try eSATA next time
instead of USB to see if that tends to be more stable.  I could also use
internal drives, I suppose...the real reason we're using external disks
is so that we can replace them and store them off-site every once in a
while.  Using a pre-packaged drive was simply more convenient.

Thank you guys for your help.