BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Errors on Backup

2011-11-23 22:35:02
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Errors on Backup
From: jbk <jbk AT mail2.gis DOT net>
To: backuppc-user <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:31:35 -0500
I have recently moved my server from Fedora to Scientific
Linux 6.1 .
I installed the backuppc binary from el6 and configured the
system to use Mod_perl. At first the test back ups seemed to
be working but when I try to do a full backup based on the
host configuration files backuppc will only back up the root
'/' file system. Partitions in fstab that are mounted at
specific mount points return empty dumps. There are a number
of error messages that have been recorded. The first is when
I start backuppc:

# /etc/init.d/backuppc start
Starting BackupPC:
[  OK  ]
/etc/BackupPC//config.pl did not return a true value at -
line 1.
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.

This must be do to the reading of the perl files in
INSTALL_DIR/bin

The following lines are the errors I get when backuppc
attempts to descend into mountpoints. This occurs on the
server as well as on network clients.

full backup started for directory /data/bilbo (baseline backup #163)
Running: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender\
  --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links\
--hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive\
--one-file-system --exclude= --ignore-times . /data/bilbo/
Xfer PIDs are now 29909
Got remote protocol 30
Negotiated protocol version 28
Sent include: /bin
Sent include: /boot
Sent include: /data
Sent include: /dev
Sent include: /etc
Sent include: /home
Sent include: /lib
Sent include: /lib64
Sent include: /opt
Sent include: /root
Sent include: /sbin
Sent include: /srv
Sent include: /usr
Sent include: /var
Sent exclude: /*
Sent exclude: cache
Sent exclude: /data/bilbo/backup
Sent exclude: /data/tmp
Sent exclude: tmp
Sent exclude: *.tmp
Sent exclude: lost+found
Sent exclude: /var/empty
Sent exclude: /var/lock
Sent exclude: /var/run
Sent exclude: /var/spool
Sent exclude: *.~
Sent exclude: /sys
Xfer PIDs are now 29909,29911
[ skipped 1 lines ]
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share /data)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share /data)
Saving this as a partial backup, replacing the prior one (got 110083 and 0
files versus 0)
full backup started for directory /; updating partial #164

I've tried to search the archives for relevant issues and
haven't found a match to my problem.
Just to reiterate the backups of the root file system are
successful it is erroring out on the mounted sub-partitions.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Jim Kelly-Rand