BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup Windows clients behind router (long)

2011-11-23 10:42:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup Windows clients behind router (long)
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:39:49 -0500
On 11/23/2011 10:09 AM, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

That is exactly how it works.

Add each target machine as a client.  The host name will be the IP or
name of the machine (or whatever you want to call it.)  Since the host
name will be overridden, it is really there just to allow you to tell
the difference.  In the ClientNameAlias field, put the IP or hostname
that will be used to connect.  Then make any other necessary changes to
the config.

If all of the machines are configured the same way, you can speed up the
process by using the "Newname=Oldname" feature of the host screen to
copy all of the settings from a current client to the new one you are
creating.  Then you just need to change the client port and you're done.

--
Bowie