BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [SMB] HowTo backup non shared SMB-folder

2011-11-08 15:48:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [SMB] HowTo backup non shared SMB-folder
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 15:38:51 -0500
sudo_root <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote on 11/08/2011 03:47:43 AM:

> As an example, I would like to backup folder temp on mycomputer1 (I
> can access the folder with smb://computer1/c$/temp and backuppc can
> backup the C$ on same computer).
>
> I have tried with C$\temp etc but no dice.

I see I misread your post:  It seems that your C$ share is already set up and working correctly.

Others have pointed to some things to consider.  But it would help to understand what is happening (or not happening) when you say "no dice".

Are you getting an error?
Are you getting a seemingly-successful run that just has no files?
Are you already backing up everything under C$ successfully and now just want to limit what files you are backing up?

Sorry for my initial misleading reply!  Hopefully we can get nearer to the problem.

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com