BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] [SMB] HowTo backup non shared SMB-folder

2011-11-08 12:01:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [SMB] HowTo backup non shared SMB-folder
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:59:57 -0500
On 11/08 12:47 , sudo_root wrote:
> As an example, I would like to backup folder temp on mycomputer1 (I can
> access the folder with smb://computer1/c$/temp and backuppc can backup the C$
> on same computer).
>
> I have tried with C$\temp etc but no dice.

I believe what you're looking for is 'BackupFilesOnly'.

>>From config.pl:
#    $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
#       'c' => ['/myFiles', '/important'],      # these are for 'c' share
#       '*' => ['/myFiles', '/important'],      # these are other shares
#    };

What you'll want for your example is something like:

$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
}

NOTE that for SMB shares the '\' goes in the opposite direction compared to
an rsync share. (someone please correct me if this is no longer necessary).

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator