BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_copyPcPool error

2011-09-05 04:48:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_copyPcPool error
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 09:46:39 +0100
On 2011-09-02 18:06, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
> Why do you assume something is wrong with how you are using the
> program?
>
> The error message is saying that you have a bunch of files in the pc
> tree that are linked to each other but not to the pool (actually there
> is a small bug in my program in that the attrib file should say "VALID
> pc file" not "INVALID pc file - I will fix that). Such cases can
> happen when a backup fails to link to the file. Alternatively, it
> could mean the attrib file is broken (in an upcoming version, I will
> separate these cases...)

I assumed it was in error because that was the first backup of the first
host, and I'd never received any indication that it failed to link.

> Can you confirm if those files are indeed in the pool?

The files are not in the pool. How can I manually force them to link?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Anti-vax people will try to avoid discussing how much mercury is in a
vaccine vs a tuna fish sandwich, they just keep repeating a facetiously