BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_copyPcPool error

2011-09-02 13:08:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_copyPcPool error
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:06:33 -0400
Tyler J. Wagner wrote at about 17:40:16 +0100 on Friday, September 2, 2011:
 > Hi all (well, Jeff, really),
 >
 > I'm trying to copy a very large pool (1 TB, 70 hosts, about 20 backups
 > each) to another server with a bigger disk array. I'm using
 > BackupPC_copyPcPool. However, on running it I get a lot of errors.
 >
 > cd /var/local/backuppc
 > su - backuppc -c "/usr/local/bin/BackupPC_copyPcPool.pl -o copypooloutput"

 > ERROR:
 > pc/server1/620/f%2f/flib/fmodules/f2.6.24-27-generic/fkernel/fdrivers/fvideo/fnvidia/fnvidiafb.ko
 > (inode=48614396, nlinks=70) VALID pc file NOT LINKED to pool
 > ERROR:
 > pc/server1/620/f%2f/flib/fmodules/f2.6.24-27-generic/fkernel/fdrivers/fvideo/fnvidia/attrib
 > (inode=48614398, nlinks=70) INVALID pc file and UNLINKED to pool
 > ERROR:
 > pc/server1/620/f%2f/flib/fmodules/f2.6.24-27-generic/fkernel/fdrivers/fvideo/ftridentfb.ko
 > (inode=12629504, nlinks=83) VALID pc file NOT LINKED to pool
 >
 > Yes, my TopDir is /var/local/backuppc, but I have a symlink from
 > /var/lib/backuppc as well.
 >
 > Can anyone tell me what's going wrong? Am I invoking BackupPC_copyPcPool
 > incorrectly?

Why do you assume something is wrong with how you are using the
program?

The error message is saying that you have a bunch of files in the pc
tree that are linked to each other but not to the pool (actually there
is a small bug in my program in that the attrib file should say "VALID
pc file" not "INVALID pc file - I will fix that). Such cases can
happen when a backup fails to link to the file. Alternatively, it
could mean the attrib file is broken (in an upcoming version, I will
separate these cases...)

Can you confirm if those files are indeed in the pool?

You can use the following script to find the MD5sum name and then look
in the pool tree to see if the file exists and the inodes are the
same.

----------------------------

#!/usr/bin/perl
my $bpc = BackupPC::Lib->new("", "", "", 1) || #No user check
           die("BackupPC::Lib->new failed\n");

use strict;
use warnings;

use lib "/usr/share/BackupPC/lib";