BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_copyPcPool error

2011-09-09 06:59:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_copyPcPool error
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 11:58:00 +0100
On 2011-09-05 17:38, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
> You probably want to read the documentation under --help (and also
> perhaps at the head of the executable). But you probably want to use
> the --fixlinks|-f option which will create links between any pc file
> that is not linked to the pool to either the appropriate existing pool
> element (if it's there but not linked) or it will create a new
> properly named pool element linked to the pc file if the pool element
> doesn't already exist.

Thanks for your help, Jeffrey. I think the problem is that the ipool wasn't
fully created on a previous run. I assumed that the ipool would be updated,
but it isn't. Does it have to be completely recreated with every run if the
pool has changed since the last run?

Also, running the latest version produces this output:

Argument "0.4.0" isn't numeric in subroutine entry at
/usr/local/bin/BackupPC_copyPcPool.pl line 139.

This is on backuppc 3.2.0-3ubuntu4~maverick1 and also backuppc
3.2.0-3ubuntu4~lucid1, with jLib 0.4.0.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Offending fundamentalists isn't my goal – but if it is an inevitable
side-effect of defending human rights, so be it."