BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] includes do work, excludes do not

2011-07-01 16:09:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] includes do work, excludes do not
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:07:15 -0400
On 7/1/2011 3:38 PM, Chris Baker wrote:
> Here is what it looks like:
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>   'C$' => [
>     '\\drivers',
>     '\\Program Files',
>     '\\WINDOWS',
>     '\\System Volume Information',
>     '\\DELL'
>   ]
> };
>
> My includes look exactly like this. And they work.

Mine look like this:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '*' => [
    '/pagefile.sys',
    '/Downloads',
    '/Documents and Settings/*/Cookies',
    '/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files',
    '/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Temp',
  ]
};

Of course, I think smb will accept a couple of different formats, so
yours may be valid as well.

I assume, based on your exclusion, that you have defined your share like
this:

$Conf{SmbShareName} = [
  'C$'
];

If the share is called anything other than 'C$', your exclusion will not
work.

And since you mentioned includes, I will point out once again that if
you define "BackupFilesOnly" for this share, then  your exclusions will
be ignored.  You can have one or the other, but not both on an smb share.

If you still can't figure it out, post the entire config file for that
host so we can see exactly how everything is defined.

--
Bowie