BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] includes do work, excludes do not

2011-07-01 15:40:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] includes do work, excludes do not
From: Chris Baker <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:38:36 -0500
Here is what it looks like:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  'C$' => [
    '\\drivers',
    '\\Program Files',
    '\\WINDOWS',
    '\\System Volume Information',
    '\\DELL'
  ]
};

My includes look exactly like this. And they work.

Excludes also worked on the earlier version of BackupPC. They looked
exactly like this.

This is becoming an issue because I am now at 93% capacity, for whatever
reason. I was not even close to that on my earlier version of BackupPC. A
clean install of Windows 7 takes 40 GB just by itself.

I have tremendous bandwidth improvements with this new install. But it
seems that I have traded that in for compression not working nearly as
well. And we just upgraded from 1TB to 2TB drives about seven months ago.