BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] includes do work, excludes do not

2011-07-01 11:24:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] includes do work, excludes do not
From: Chris Baker <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 10:22:55 -0500
> >From the docs:
>
> For Smb, only one of $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} and
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} can be specified per share. If both are set for a
> particular share, then $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} takes precedence and
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} is ignored.

I already knew this.

In many cases, I am setting only excludes for a smb share. My excludes are
not working at all.

> So you will need to either modify your setup so you don't need to use
> both includes and excludes (can you set up separate shares for each
> include?), or you will need to switch to using rsync.

In many respects, my only option is to backup the entire hard drive. After
this, I want to exclude obvious things like the Windows and Program Files
directories. But excludes do not work.

And they also worked on the earlier version of BackupPC using the exact
same syntax.