BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] includes do work, excludes do not

2011-07-01 10:50:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] includes do work, excludes do not
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 10:48:30 -0400
On 7/1/2011 10:35 AM, Chris Baker wrote:
> My includes work. My excludes do not work. And I am entering them the same
> way.
>
> One thing I am thinking is that maybe I have too many excludes. Is there a
> limit on this?
>
> My includes are usually no more than three. If there is a limit, what is
> it?
>
> Things I definitely want to exclude are "Program Files" and the "Windows"
> directory.
>
> This is a new server with Ubuntu. I am using SMB.
>
> I am entering includes like this on the configuration page:
>
> \Users\cbaker\Documents
>
> The includes work.
>
> My excludes also look like this:
>
> \WINDOWS
> \Program Files

>>From the docs:

For Smb, only one of $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} and
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} can be specified per share. If both are set for a
particular share, then $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} takes precedence and
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} is ignored.

So you will need to either modify your setup so you don't need to use
both includes and excludes (can you set up separate shares for each
include?), or you will need to switch to using rsync.

--
Bowie