BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best version of rsync.exe to use with cygwin?

2011-06-07 15:04:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best version of rsync.exe to use with cygwin?
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:03:17 -0500
On 06/07 02:45 , Steven Johnson wrote:
> Greetings what's the best version of Rsync.exe to use on Windows machine
> with Cygwin. I've been using version 2.6.8 but experience very slow transfer
> rates and often get the "file has vanished:.." error in my xfer logs.
> They're up to version 3.08 of rsync, does anyone have experience with this
> version. Does anyone have a precompiled exe that I can test/use? Thanks in
> advance!

I just install the full set of cygwin tools on the client machines in
question; and install whatever the latest version is. Apart from minor
config file changes in rsyncd.conf (notably, replacing "c:/Documents and
Settings" with "/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings"); haven't had any
problems.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator