BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best version of rsync.exe to use with cygwin?

2011-06-07 15:00:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best version of rsync.exe to use with cygwin?
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:59:11 -0500
It's not just rsync.exe that's important, it's also your cygwin dll's.
That said, this is the version that works well for me:

rsync  version 3.0.3  protocol version 30
Copyright (C) 1996-2008 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: http://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
    64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 32-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
    socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, no IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
    append, ACLs, no xattrs, iconv, symtimes, preallocation

My Posix Emulation DLL is 1.7.0, which is equally, if not more, important.