BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup of VM images

2011-06-03 11:26:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup of VM images
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 17:25:11 +0200
Hello there... thanks for all your thoughts and feedbacks...

> > Indeed, the splitting would be OK, but still: I'm in need
> of backing
> > up a *big file* which may change in some bytes...
>
> Also you have to make sure that that file doesn't change
> while you are backing/splitting it up otherwise you may be
> unable to restore it (been there, not pretty trying to
> recover a corrupted NTFS filesystem).

As far as I know by now is that I'd have to backup with backuppc just
"copies" of VM images. This should mean that on the other side there is
already a tool which creates copies of those VM images, thus I shouldn't
need to care about any corruption at all (it's not my duty).

Cheers and have a nice weekend!
F.