BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Smarter CGI

2011-05-17 09:13:16
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Smarter CGI
From: Steven Johnson <stageonedesign AT hotmail DOT com>
To: BackupPC <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 09:11:16 -0400
Greetings,
I would like to add some automation to the CGI interface. Firstly, in the Xfer
config screen for Rsyncd or SMB hosts, I would like to make the
Rsync/SmbShareName fields smarter so that when you click "add" you get a
selection box or dropdown menu of all available rsync/SMB shares. It will use
the username, password (and port for rsync) info to contact the host for a list
of shares (for rsync, those that are configured to "list" in the rsync.conf
file) Has anyone done something like this? is this even possible?
Lastly, for various fields throughout the CGI, I would like to make them drop
down menu's with pre-populated options. For instance, BackupsDisable, i would
like the menu to show the "Disabled, Manual Only and Never Backup" but to carry
the corresponding values (0, 1 ,2) Any guidance would be very much appreciated
as i am new to perl and BackupPC. Thanks.
-Steven