BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Smarter CGI

2011-05-17 12:07:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Smarter CGI
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 12:05:15 -0400
On 5/17/2011 9:11 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:
> Greetings,
> I would like to add some automation to the CGI interface. Firstly, in the
> Xfer config screen for Rsyncd or SMB hosts, I would like to make the
> Rsync/SmbShareName fields smarter so that when you click "add" you get a
> selection box or dropdown menu of all available rsync/SMB shares. It will use
> the username, password (and port for rsync) info to contact the host for a
> list of shares (for rsync, those that are configured to "list" in the
> rsync.conf file) Has anyone done something like this? is this even possible?

Should be possible for Samba, not sure about rsync.  You would need to
add and configure the relevant modules for the Samba and rsync
connections (as the CGI interface probably does not have them at the
moment).  This will probably be a challenging project if you are not
familiar with Perl.

> Lastly, for various fields throughout the CGI, I would like to make them drop
> down menu's with pre-populated options. For instance, BackupsDisable, i would
> like the menu to show the "Disabled, Manual Only and Never Backup" but to
> carry the corresponding values (0, 1 ,2) Any guidance would be very much
> appreciated as i am new to perl and BackupPC. Thanks.

This should be simply a matter of changing the type of html field being
used to collect the data.  Theoretically, all you would have to do is
find the spot in the code where it generates the config screen and
change it there.  Of course, I'm not familiar with the code, so it is
possible there is something else involved.

--
Bowie