BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] No luck with Fedora F15 client

2011-05-13 17:45:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] No luck with Fedora F15 client
From: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 21:43:26 +0000
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:27:45PM +0100, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 16:54 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> > I had tried ssh -v from backuppc on server to root on client.  It
> > showed trying
> > rsa and dsa keys (I use dsa), then falling back to asking for password.
>
> Did it list which keys it tried? It should identify the filename it is
> trying. Are you sure your SSH keys have the right permissions and are
> owned by the backuppc user, in the right location?
>
> Perhaps some successful debug output will help you. See attached, which
> is me SSH'ing as backuppc from my server gozer to client frances.
>
> ckuppc@gozer:~$ ssh -v root@frances
> OpenSSH_5.5p1 Debian-4ubuntu5, OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010
> debug1: Reading configuration data /var/lib/backuppc/.ssh/config

Also in addition to debugging from the client you can run the sshd on
a higher numbered port with debugging enabled:

  sudo /usr/sbin/sshd -d -e -p 2222

and then use:

 backuuser% ssh -v -p 2222 remotehost

to connect.

--
                                -- rouilj

John Rouillard       System Administrator
Renesys Corporation  603-244-9084 (cell)  603-643-9300 x 111