BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup retention and deletion.

2011-05-13 17:38:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup retention and deletion.
From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell AT digitalkingdom DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 14:36:14 -0700
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:47:27PM +0200, Matthias Meyer wrote:
> Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>

> > So, I had FullKeepCntMin set really high, and I lowered it, and it's
> > been several days, and yet I still have a ton of old fulls lying
> > around.
> >
> > My questions:
> >
> > 1.  When and how do deletions of the excess occur?
> >
> > 2.  Why aren't they occuring?  (in particular, is it possible that I
> > need to completely restart the server for that to work? we *always*
> > have backups running, and there's still no "stop when all current
> > backups are complete" option, so I avoid that)
> >
> > Here's the current config:

[snip]
> > $Conf{FullKeepCnt} = '25';
> > $Conf{FullKeepCntMin} = '5';
> > $Conf{FullAgeMax}     = '60';
[snip]

> Where is your problem? You have 22 full backups already achieved.
> So your server will also keep the next 3 full and will remove the
> #0 since the 4. full backup will occur. The count of already
> achieved incrementals is 45. Exactly what you want.

I want it to delete all the fulls older than 60 days.
FullKeepCntMin is only 5, so if I have more than 5 fulls (which I
do), then everything older than FullAgeMax should be deleted, no?

-Robin

--
http://singinst.org/ :  Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.
Lojban (http://www.lojban.org/): The language in which "this parrot