BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup retention and deletion.

2011-05-13 16:34:10
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup retention and deletion.
From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell AT digitalkingdom DOT org>
To: BackupPC Users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 13:32:26 -0700
So, I had FullKeepCntMin set really high, and I lowered it, and it's
been several days, and yet I still have a ton of old fulls lying
around.

My questions:

1.  When and how do deletions of the excess occur?

2.  Why aren't they occuring?  (in particular, is it possible that I
need to completely restart the server for that to work? we *always*
have backups running, and there's still no "stop when all current
backups are complete" option, so I avoid that)

Here's the current config:

$Conf{FullPeriod} = '3.7';
$Conf{IncrPeriod} = '0.9';
$Conf{FullKeepCnt} = '25';
$Conf{FullKeepCntMin} = '5';
$Conf{FullAgeMax}     = '60';
$Conf{IncrKeepCnt} = '45';
$Conf{IncrKeepCntMin} = '10';
$Conf{IncrAgeMax}     = '60';

And here's the list of backups with types and dates:

# awk -F'       ' '{ print $1, $2, strftime("%F", $3); }' backups
0 full 2011-02-16
4 full 2011-02-21
10 full 2011-02-25
16 full 2011-03-01