BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] FreeBSD port Broken?

2011-05-04 04:20:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] FreeBSD port Broken?
From: Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:18:08 +0300

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:47, RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN <ryan AT computerking DOT ca> wrote:
Thank you for your reply

Adjust the command line to work with FreeBSD not sure how to go about this? I presume editing the config.pl script any hints? I checked that /usr/bin/tar exits and wounder why would the FreeBSD package maintainers not include a working configuration file, or include gnu tar as a dependency if it is required to work.  Don't get me wrong i love BSD, but why do they make everything so difficult for us.  I am sure it is just me as backuppc is in the ports so most must have it working right?

Does anyone have backuppc working on FreeBSD with tar? maybe i should forget tar and move on to rsync or something?  This is just the localhost wondering how difficult it will be to backup remote machines.

Please help or at least let me know if anyone has Backppc working on FreeBSD

BackupPC works on FreeBSD - I have tested it severally.
I always used the "latest" bleeding edge versions for tests anyway. I have it installed and running, but not in production - because I use other means to backup. Mine was a PoC test and it worked.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,