BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] can't find files to restore in cgi restore screen

2010-12-23 00:34:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] can't find files to restore in cgi restore screen
From: ceverett AT ceverett DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, "BackupPC Users" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:32:04 -0600
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:41:29 -0600, "Les Mikesell"
<lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> said:
> On 12/22/2010 8:36 AM, ceverett AT ceverett DOT com wrote:

{snipped}

> > I'm sorry my previous email didn't make my issue plain: /home is *not
> > visible* on that screen.  I would expect to see /home at the bottom of
> > that screen, after the listing of the contents of /etc.
> >
> > Again, just to be 100% clear, nothing resembling /home is visible on
> > the web interface.
> >
> > Furthermore, it won't minimize /etc when I click the '-' next to it.
>
> That sounds like there is something seriously wrong with your backups.
> If you look at the filesystem directly under the pc/<backup number>
> directories, do you see directories named f%2fetc and f%2fhome?

In fact I do see them them.  Under f%2fhome I see all the directories
I need restored with a f pre-pended.

I think I have it:

ceverett@pauli:~ > sudo su backuppc
$ /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_zipCreate -h xander -n -1 \
-s /home ceverett/

at least it seems to be grinding away now creating a zip file to restore
from, where it is I have no clue.

Christopher