BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to restore 200GB as fast/easily as possible?

2010-12-22 11:13:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to restore 200GB as fast/easily as possible?
From: Keith Edmunds <kae AT midnighthax DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:10:58 +0000
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:49:23 +0000, "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
said:

> Gimili, you can run this on the target machine:
>
> for i in `ps -ef | grep rsync | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2};'` ; do
> lsof -n | grep $i ; done
>
> This will list all open files currently in use by any processes named
> "rsync".

...or just

        lsof -c rsync

...which will do exactly the same. If you run, instead:

        watch lsof -c rsync

...you can watch as it cycles through the files. Very useful to see where
the backup/restore is up to, and to see if you are, perhaps inadvertently,
backing up a large file.

On  Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:01:11 -0500, Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT
com>
said:

>  Sent from my iPad

No one cares, nor needs to be told. Should I append, "Sent from my bathtub
whilst washing my left thigh" to this mail?