BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Jeff, script question (was Re: How to run night manually?)

2010-09-25 20:56:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Jeff, script question (was Re: How to run night manually?)
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:54:03 -0400
Robin Lee Powell wrote at about 10:56:23 -0700 on Thursday, September 23, 2010:

 > Another question:  The script, running with "-c", failed eventually
 > at this line:
 >
 >     my $err = $bpc->ServerConnect($Conf{ServerHost}, $Conf{ServerPort});
 >
 > My serverport is set to -1; does it need to be set for this to work?
 > Could you not just call BackupPC_ServerMesg instead?  Perhaps I
 > should hack my copy locally to do that...

I have it also set to -1 (that is the default value).

The line that you are sighting is a pretty stock call and is pretty
much independent of the rest of my script. I would suggest just
abstracting the relevant lines and trying to call the routine directly to see
why you can't connect to the server.