BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] 5GB log files or more because of some weird issue

2010-08-05 10:53:16
Subject: [BackupPC-users] 5GB log files or more because of some weird issue
From: Saturn2888 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 10:50:57 -0400

Craig Barratt wrote:
> Are you backing up the local host (ie: backuppc server)?

I am backing up localhost using rsyncd, but that's not the only one with errors
like these.

Craig Barratt wrote:
> If so, are you accidentally recursively backing up the backuppc store?

Nope. /var/lib/backuppc (Ubuntu Lucid) has been excluded, and I even checked to
make sure.

Craig Barratt wrote:
> That will take a looooong time.  Or are you trying to backup the BackupPC
> server onto another machine?

I was doing this previously which is why I setup this machine with a RAID1.

Craig, I think you solved the reasoning for the problem. BackupPC uses RsyncP.
It's possible, the version I was using in Hardy wasn't as new; although, then
it should be working properly I'd think. Maybe Tolaris compiled 3.1.0 for Hardy
differently than how the Ubuntu people packaged 3.1.0 for Lucid as I'd been
using Tolaris's backport of 3.1.0 before the upgrade and after the upgrade, I
believe it changed me to the Lucid package manager's version.