BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] 5GB log files or more because of some weird issue

2010-08-04 11:36:23
Subject: [BackupPC-users] 5GB log files or more because of some weird issue
From: Saturn2888 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:34:34 -0400
I don't think the RAM is bad, but I can do a check on it. The directories no
longer exist but I swear they had to have. After a lot of observation, it's
creating new directories and after 2 full backups, the errors stop (duh,
because it's not looking back an extra full backup when rsyncing). I also
noticed backup 0 or the lowest one seems to always have the data even though
newer ones do not even on hosts where no data has changed in months. My
suspicion is that the inodes got messed up and only one was kept meaning all
the old hardlinks went away and only the first one (original) was kept. That's
from not knowing anything about ext4 though so I could be wrong.

I'm running fsck -f, and it's still on the first pass. I'll update you when it
finishes.

Do those directories exist? Can you read them as the backuppc user? Have
you tried an fsck on the partition?

'Clean' means it was unmounted before the last shutdown, not that the
structure is correct.  Use a -f to force a check anyway.

Bad RAM can cause this sort of problem too.