BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] 5GB log files or more because of some weird issue

2010-08-02 07:22:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] 5GB log files or more because of some weird issue
From: Saturn2888 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 07:19:44 -0400
Not gigabytes, it was megabytes, but after searching this, either those files
never did get backed up or something else happened to them. Strangely, even
through all of this the pool size has only grown 3GB since I first turned it on
again. I'm very confused.

Missing files should lower the total space taken up by BackupPC's pool and as
it finds new files to add, it should take a lot longer to backup each machine
and the

I still don't know if there's a solution, but I'm more interested in why the
files disappeared. Either they were gone before and I never noticed, or they
disappeared during the conversion to ext4.

My assumption is, a bunch of files became corrupted in the pool because of too
many things going on at once.