BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] My backup method across VPN

2010-07-06 19:59:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] My backup method across VPN
From: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 23:57:52 +0000
On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 07:01:01PM -0400, Saturn2888 wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
> > On 7/6/2010 11:57 AM, Saturn2888 wrote:
> > > So would it just turn it off automatically or did I screw things up?
> > >

> > http://search.cpan.org/~cbarratt/File-RsyncP-0.68/lib/File/RsyncP.pm
> > doesn't show --inplace as an option, so I'd guess it doesn't do anything.
>
> [...] Let's see, we're allowed to add the --checksum-seed option so
> I think that option either does nothing then or that it does work and
> the perl rsync.pm file is able to accommodate more rsync functions
> than those noted there.

The --checksum-seed option is passed to the remote client (and I think
sent during option negotiation). So the lack of support for a
--checksum-seed argument may not matter as it's handled in the
protocol.

In comparison, --inplace IIRC is strictly a server side option so if
it was implemented I would expect it to be listed as an option in
File-RsyncP.

--
                                -- rouilj

John Rouillard       System Administrator
Renesys Corporation  603-244-9084 (cell)  603-643-9300 x 111