BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Changing the backuppc topdir does not work

2010-05-25 18:10:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Changing the backuppc topdir does not work
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:08:53 -0500
On 5/25/2010 4:45 PM, sugarcube wrote:

> thank you for replying.
> Re-installing was never an option as I have about 375G backup-data to
> preserve here.
> But... moving the files under backuppc up one level and then mounting the
> partition under a newly created directory called /opt/backuppc did the trick.
> Thanks a lot, you saved my day!
> Just curiosity: Which httpd.conf do you mean? is it
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf? And what to look for? I am in no way expert here.

There is /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf plus a bunch of snippets in separate
files that are easier for rpm's to manipulate under /etc/httpd/conf.d/.
  But you can't just edit config files directly on SME server.  There
are trees of templates under /etc/e-smith/templates* that are merged
with program/variable expansion based on your web form entries to
rewrite the files.  If you want to make permanent changes, you have to
understand and edit the templates instead if they exist for the file you
want to change.  Contributed SME packages usually supply the templates
for new items plus web forms where you would make entries for the parts
the packager thought you might want to change.