BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Changing the backuppc topdir does not work

2010-05-25 13:44:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Changing the backuppc topdir does not work
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 12:42:31 -0500
On 5/24/2010 9:24 AM, sugarcube wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to move the mountpoint of my backuppc hard disk
>
> LABEL=BackupUSBDisk&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;/opt&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
>  ext3&nbsp;&nbsp; defaults&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0 0
>
>   to another location,
>
> LABEL=BackupUSBDisk&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;/opt/sicherung&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
>  ext3&nbsp;&nbsp; defaults&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 0 0
>
> because I installed Joomla on the server (SME-Server 7.4) and it installs in
> /opt, where my backup disk is mounted.
> This results in /opt/joomla on my backup-disk and after reading

> I thought that I change the mount point to /opt/sicherung, create a link
> under /opt, which points to /opt/sicherung/backuppc
>
> &#91;root@sme-server opt&#93;# ln -s ./sicherung/backuppc ./backuppc
>
> and problem solved.
>
> After this change, I can start and stop backuppc on the server w/o any
> problems, but I'm no more able to open the browser gui to administer
> backuppc. I keep getting this error message:
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /backuppc/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin on this
> server.
>
> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
> an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>
> I guess, I am missing something. Can anybody point me in the right direction
> please?

Your httpd.conf probably doesn't allow symlinks - but you have to know
what you are doing to change SME server configs because they are always
rewritten from the templates.  It might be easier to mount your drive
under /opt/backuppc instead of using the symlink.  If you don't need to
save the existing contents you could re-install with the disk in place.
Otherwise, you could mv the directories under backuppc on the drive up a
level so they work with the partition mounted as /opt/backuppc.