BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] A problem with splitting up large directories.

2010-05-25 16:08:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] A problem with splitting up large directories.
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:07:13 -0500
On 5/25/2010 2:49 PM, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

>> Without looking at the code, I'd guess that it would go through
>> the rest of the list first before retrying failed jobs - but
>> that's just a guess. Maybe it would help to lower
>> $Conf{MaxBackups} if you haven't already.
>
> No can do; I have many other hosts that need to be backed up besides
> this one.

Have you timed lower settings?  With most hardware it is probably
counterproductive to run more than 2 concurrently on a LAN.  I've always
thought it would be nice if you could specify groups with their own
concurrency limit to accommodate multiple low-bandwidth links or alias
that point to the same host/disk.