BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore ZIP archive: always downloaded as broken

2010-05-11 14:45:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore ZIP archive: always downloaded as broken
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:44:08 +0100
On Tuesday 11 May 2010 19:28:13 Trey Nolen wrote:
> Thanks.  I ran into the same problem yesterday.  I'm using Ubuntu Lucid
> 10.04.  I didn't have time to troubleshoot yesterday and just used tar
> instead.  I just checked, and Lucid has this same version.

It looks like you can install the old version (1.18) from karmic.  Download
from the following, install, and tell dpkg not to upgrade it.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/libarchive-zip-perl

Commands:

wget http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/liba/libarchive-zip-
perl/libarchive-zip-perl_1.18-1_all.deb
dpkg -i libarchive-zip-perl_1.18-1_all.deb
echo "libarchive-zip-perl hold" | dpkg --set-selections

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Standard creepiness rule: don't date under (AGE/2 + 7)."
   -- Randall Munroe, XKCD, http://xkcd.com/314/