BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore ZIP archive: always downloaded as broken

2010-05-12 02:19:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore ZIP archive: always downloaded as broken
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:18:16 +0200
Hello Dmitry.

> I have a problem when restoring the files using web interface:
> downloaded ZIP archive is always broken. This is definitely
> not a network problem, as I was testing on files of very
> small size. In all cases the downloaded archive was 651 bytes
> long (so I conclude, it contains only ZIP header).

I got the same problem, but never cared about it because when I put "0"
as compression value, I get my data correctly downloaded.

> Additional information:
> * Debian [sid]

Me too.

> * BackupPC was installed from this package:
>   http://packages.debian.org/sid/backuppc

I used "apt-get install", I'm on version 3.1.0-9

> * ZIP utility is available from command-line, although I have
> noticed no dependencies to CLI utility (but to libarchive-zip-perl):
> $ zip -v
> This is Zip 3.0 (July 5th 2008), by Info-ZIP.

I do not have it installed: should it be on my system?

> * libarchive-zip-perl v1.30-2

Me got the same.

> * apache v2.2.14-3

My version is 2.2.15-5

> Any ideas of what module to test or where to have a look are welcomed.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Is it really only related to libarchive-zip-perl or may the missing
"zip" also be a culprit?

Thanks to everybody.
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL