BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I broke my cgi interface! :(

2010-03-25 13:31:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I broke my cgi interface! :(
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:29:29 -0500
On 3/25/2010 11:44 AM, Jaco Meintjes wrote:
> I'm running Backuppc on SME Server (someone else set it up).  So I ssh'd
> into the box to delete some entries in the hosts file and now I get this
> error message when I click on the cgi interface link:
>
> Software error:
>
> Illegal division by zero at /opt/backuppc/files/conf/config.pl
> <http://config.pl> line 64.
>
> For help, please send mail to the webmaster (), giving
> this error message and the time and date of the error.
> Error: Unable to read config.pl <http://config.pl> or language strings!!
>
> Please help me to fix it?

I don't know much about the SME setup, but if it was a contributed
package in rpm form you might be able to diagnose it with
rpm -V backuppc  (or whatever the package is named)
The most likely problem is that you changed ownership/permissions
somewhere so the web server user can't access some of the files.

And by the way, why didn't you use the web interface to manage the hosts
file?