BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] is there a way to turn off Outlook notifications?

2010-03-23 13:28:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] is there a way to turn off Outlook notifications?
From: Frank J. Gómez <frank AT crop-circle DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:37:06 -0400
Hello,

According to my manpage, I'm running BackupPC version 3.0.0, released on 28 Jan 2007.

My understanding is that if BackupPC encounters any locked .pst files, it triggers an email to the appropriate user, but only if the locked file hasn't been backed up in $Conf{EMailNotifyOldOutlookDays} or more days.

I've configured Outlook on the client machines to use pfbackup to create daily backups of the .pst files, which BackupPC is able to grab because they are not locked, so I am indeed getting what I need to out of each backup.

How do I tell BackupPC to stop nagging my users about Outlook?  I'm tempted to try setting $Conf{EMailNotifyOldOutlookDays} = 0, but I don't like experiments.

Thanks,
-Frank