BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] is there a way to turn off Outlook notifications?

2010-03-23 13:56:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] is there a way to turn off Outlook notifications?
From: Frank J. Gómez <frank AT crop-circle DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:54:49 -0400
But I need to include the backup .pst files :-D

I suppose I could exclude the individual .pst files, which are Outlook.pst, archive.pst, and some-gobbledygook-that-contains-the-email-address.pst.  Maybe I should see if pfbackup can be configured to drop the backups in a different folder.  Then I can exclude the folder with the active copies altogether.

-Frank

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Andy Thompson <athompson AT mooreheadcomm DOT com> wrote:
Best option is probably to exclude .pst files from your backups.

-andy

>>> Frank J. Gómez<frank AT crop-circle DOT net> 3/23/2010 11:37 AM >>>
Hello,

According to my manpage, I'm running BackupPC version 3.0.0, released
on 28
Jan 2007.

My understanding is that if BackupPC encounters any locked .pst files,
it
triggers an email to the appropriate user, but only if the locked file
hasn't been backed up in $Conf{EMailNotifyOldOutlookDays} or more
days.

I've configured Outlook on the client machines to use pfbackup to
create
daily backups of the .pst files, which BackupPC is able to grab because
they
are not locked, so I am indeed getting what I need to out of each
backup.

How do I tell BackupPC to stop nagging my users about Outlook?  I'm
tempted
to try setting $Conf{EMailNotifyOldOutlookDays} = 0, but I don't like
experiments.

Thanks,
-Frank