BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backup of backuppc and schedule

2010-03-09 12:51:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backup of backuppc and schedule
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 12:49:35 -0500
Sylvain Viart - Gmail wrote:
> It may ends with crontab scheduling.
>
> I will post back other userfull parameter I found about that.
> Yes, BlackoutPeriod to stop remote host a specific day + a cron on the
> backup server, will be easyier to setup.
> I gonna try that.

This is what I do in cron for the servers where timing is critical:

00 21 * * 0 /usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg backup hudson
hudson backuppc 1
00 21 * * 1-6 /usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_serverMesg backup hudson
hudson backuppc 0

This runs a full backup every Sunday night and incrementals Monday -
Saturday nights.

--
Bowie