BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] high load and stuck processes

2010-03-04 17:30:27
Subject: [BackupPC-users] high load and stuck processes
From: Anand Gupta <anandiwp AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 03:58:52 +0530
Hi,

I have backuppc running for a client, and been facing constant problem lately on it.

The server running the backuppc would go under high load (19 - 25 load on a quad core xeon, 8gb ram) and i can see multiple /usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_dump processes. When i try to kill the processes, it doesn't work. Trying to reboot via Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work, the only thing which works is hard reboot.

In the above setup, i am using backuppc with DeltaCopy. I am assuming that if the clients shutdown in between of a backup, backuppc would automatically after a while disconnect those sessions. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Whenever there are a few clients being backed up, i see a lot of cpu load (it cud probably be due to disk io as well)

Is there anyone else facing similar issues ? Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Anand Gupta