BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Windows 7 pro rsyncd service installation: cygrunsrv: Error installing a service OpenSCManager: Win32 error 5: Access is denied

2010-03-04 13:08:43
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Windows 7 pro rsyncd service installation: cygrunsrv: Error installing a service OpenSCManager: Win32 error 5: Access is denied
From: Sabuj Pattanayek <sabujp AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:06:34 -0600
Hi,

I'm trying to get the rsyncd service installed on a Win 7 pro system
as an administrative user. I'm using the rsyncd 2.6.8 package from
here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/backuppc/files/cygwin-rsyncd/

When I run service.bat I get the error:

cygrunsrv: Error installing a service OpenSCManager: Win32 error 5:
Access is denied

for the cygrunsrv service registration command. I also tried it
manually using the "sc create rsyncd binpath=..." command but it gave
me the same error. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sabuj Pattanayek