BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Copying BackupPC to tape for off-site storage - very slow

2010-03-02 12:36:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Copying BackupPC to tape for off-site storage - very slow
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:09:56 +0000
On Tuesday 02 March 2010 16:53:15 Sean Carolan wrote:
> Would this go faster if I unmounted the partition and tried to do a
> block-level copy of the entire thing?  How would you handle this?

Probably.  Without knowing the specifics of your tape archive process, it is
likely having an issue dealing with the hard links.  Almost all questions of
the nature "how do I backup my pool/backup partition" are answered with "take
a snapshot of the partition and back that up".

Regards,
Tyler

--
"I have come to the conclusion that executions solve nothing, and are
only an antiquated relic of a primitive desire for revenge which takes