BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] disable wakeup / Read-only backuppc

2010-01-26 17:57:06
Subject: [BackupPC-users] disable wakeup / Read-only backuppc
From: "HUGE | David Stahl" <dstahl AT hugeinc DOT com>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:27:55 -0500
We have a setup where we have one backuppc sending it's data off-site to a server in our colocation. We would like to test for disaster recovery restores. and I would like to run backuppc gui on that remote server with same hosts as on our production server so I can do restores from gui. yet I don't want it to wake up and make any changes to pool/cpool etc.
 What I really want is that offsite backuppc server to be read only. Any thoughts?
I am wondering if just leaving "$Conf{WakeupSchedule}   "  empty in the main config.pl would do it. I am going to try this in a test lab, but also wanted to see if anyone had a quick answer here.
Thanks,
David