BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] disable wakeup / Read-only backuppc

2010-01-27 18:09:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] disable wakeup / Read-only backuppc
From: John Rouillard <rouilj-backuppc AT renesys DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 22:47:21 +0000
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 05:27:55PM -0500, HUGE | David Stahl wrote:
> We have a setup where we have one backuppc sending it's data off-site to a
> server in our colocation. We would like to test for disaster recovery
> restores. and I would like to run backuppc gui on that remote server with
> same hosts as on our production server so I can do restores from gui. yet I
> don't want it to wake up and make any changes to pool/cpool etc.
>  What I really want is that offsite backuppc server to be read only. Any
> thoughts?
> I am wondering if just leaving "$Conf{WakeupSchedule}   "  empty in the main
> config.pl would do it. I am going to try this in a test lab, but also wanted
> to see if anyone had a quick answer here.

Would setting:

  $Conf{BackupsDisable} = 2;

as well/instead of help? If the scheduler doesn't add any new backups,
then all the existing backups should be preserved. The nightly script
will have nothing to do since the pc directory is already pruned for
the $Conf{FullKeepCnt} and $Conf{IncrKeepCnt} counts).

--
                                -- rouilj

John Rouillard       System Administrator
Renesys Corporation  603-244-9084 (cell)  603-643-9300 x 111