BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best pool cloning technique

2009-11-22 15:11:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best pool cloning technique
From: Alexander Fortin <a.fortin AT studiosynthesis DOT biz>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 20:39:18 +0100
Thanks everybody for the answers, now I think I've got the point.

And about

2009/11/20 Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>:
> or RAID10). Just wondering why you have a backup if s single disk fail
> destroys it all...

Well, the "master" external USB disk was a quick solution to patch a
totally lack of client backups, and it was the best we could do with
the old hardware we had at that time.

> Re rsync tool, I'd not recommend to use. It sounds good, but due to the
> nature of the pool it might take days (!) to sync properly 'coz of all
> the hardlinks.

Yeah I remember it was the first method I tried but I was getting
strange results (different disk usage size I guess) so I switched to
dd.

Bye,

--
Alexander Fortin

Studio Synthesis srl
Business Process Consulting
Via Callegari 10, Brescia  - (+39)030/8336089
http://www.studiosynthesis.biz