BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Teamed network ports MDI and MDIX

2009-11-14 18:05:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Teamed network ports MDI and MDIX
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>, "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:02:05 -0600
Thank you for your comments on network teaming. I have considered that
possiblity.

The good news is that my backup did finally work. And it worked at about
twice the bandwidth as before. The new switches are delivering some
improvement.

I did notice that there was NO improvement in backups when I teamed the
NIC's in the Windows 2003 server. Ultimately, manufacturers do write
drivers.

I may keep my team on the backup server and kill it on the Windows server.

Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
systems administrator
INTERA -- 512-425-2006