BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] More on excludes

2009-11-13 15:01:14
Subject: [BackupPC-users] More on excludes
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:58:12 -0600
I wanted to bring up another observation on getting excludes to work in
BackupPC. Your excludes must be case-sensitive.

In my experience, BackupPC sees the C:\WINDOWS directory as "WINDOWS".
However, it sees C:\PROGRAM FILES as "Program Files." I have noticed that
C:\I386 will be appear with both a small and a capital "I".

Make sure you are aware of your case. In the world of Windows, most things
are not case-sensitive. In Linux, more things are.

Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
systems administrator
INTERA -- 512-425-2006